Hermana Kent

Monday, February 16, 2015

A HUGE Surprise!

Hola Everybody!!!!! 

Well this week was just another week full of working!!  But a girl in our ward came home from her mission to Chile this week on Monday!!  She moved here to Castelar and was baptized here so she has no family here.  Her family wasn't very supportive of her going on a mission and joining the church either.  So, Friday night the ward had a welcome home party.  It was incredible to watch her see the ward for the first time.  The ward truly is her family.  It made me think how blessed I am.  I have been blessed to have had the church my entire life.  And have such support and love from my family and friends!!  I love everyone and I am truly grateful for all of the thought and prayers in my behalf.  A mission is hard enough and I can’t imagine having no support from my family and friends like I have. 

While talking about support; I got a call last Friday from the mission office saying that I had a package.  It was a HUGE surprise.  I was able to go and pick it up this morning!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!  Please tell Gwen “thanks for the oils,” and “Omi for the blueberry muffin mixes and tide to go.”  I LOVE the muffins!!!!  And thank you for the bear oil!!  (Cameron’s sister was passing through Buenos Aires and was able to drop a package off at the mission home for Karina).

I want to share an experience about why I am grateful for this gospel, my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  Last Sunday we had a lady show up at church.  She is a member but has been inactive for most of her life.  Her husband served a mission but he too is inactive.  So this week we went to visit them.  She introduced us to her brother who has severe health problems.  He can’t talk or do anything.  She shared with us how her mom passed away a few years ago and so now she is taking care of her brother at the same time she is taking care of her two year old who has so much energy!!!  She just cried and told us how much she misses her mom and how she struggles doing all of the things she has to do.  Her reason for coming to church last week was because she decided that she needed help and she was hoping that she could find it through going to church again. 

I LOVE this gospel.  I am so grateful that through our Savior Jesus Christ and His atonement we can do everything in life that is asked of us.  I know that this gospel is true.  That Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live!!  They love us beyond mortal comprehension.  Love and miss you all lots and lots and lots!!!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Kent 


Celebrate Hermana Olsen's 17 months in the mission!

Eating pizza, not as good as American!

A HUGE surprise package from home!!!

Sending a morning greeting to my family:)



No comments:

Post a Comment