Hermana Kent

Monday, March 23, 2015

Winter is Coming...

Hola!!! 

Well this week was filled with few things!!  We found a great mom and her 4 kids!!  Her name is Jessica!!  She and her husband are separated.  I am so excited to start teaching them!!  She will be so great!!  Also we had a special training this week that was super good!!  We talked about a lot of things!!  The things that hit me the most was family history and baptism.  Family history!  We talked about this Spirit of Elijah and how people love learning and talking about their families.  My goal is to start more conversations based off of the family and establish that common ground that we have with everyone. We also talked about baptism and how that needs to always be our goal.  If it is always our goal and we are always thinking about it, we can accomplish it.  With these two things now as my goals I am excited to see miracles. 

We also had Stake Conference yesterday.  Our stake president talked about the Book of Mormon and how key it is and how we should always be reading it.  My goal now from this is to teach more principles of the gospel directly from the Book of Mormon.  I am so excited to see the miracles that are in store for Hermana Edwards and I this transfer and for this area. 

Oh my gosh!!!!!  The last couple days I have been in tights and sweater jacket thing!!!!  It has been cold.  Well ok probably not cold but I have also had two summers back-to-back now so to me it is cold!!!!!  I will be buying my winter boots, hat, scarf and gloves next week.  I love my under armor!  They have been my pajamas for the last couple of nights!!!  HOOORRRAAAYYYYY!!!!  I can’t believe I have made it through my first summer!!  I all but died but I made it!!!!!  Somehow I made it and survived the heat!!!!!

I know that this church is true.  I know that our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ live and love us more than we can imagine and that through them we can overcome every hardship that occurs in our lives!!  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and was translated by the prophet of this dispensation Joseph Smith.  I know that Pres. Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today and how blessed we are to be able hear from him in two weeks!!  I can’t wait!!  Love and miss you all lots and lots and lots and lots!!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Kent
Hermana Edwards and I before church

Beautiful day in Castelar!

Good Morning! Selfie taken while emailing with mama today:)


No comments:

Post a Comment