Hermana Kent

Monday, January 11, 2016

2000 Strippling Warriors

This week was another great week!!!  It was another week filled with teaching and finding and getting to know Lujan!!!  Daddy it is SO pretty!!!!  I mean it isn’t much different than my other areas other than I am on a bike and it is more green.  My area is the city part of Lujan.  I LOVE the area!!!  We have such great people we are working with.  We don’t have a lot of investigators.  We are working with recent converts and trying to find new ones. 

This week I was able to learn a lot again from the 2000 stripling warriors in the book of Alma!!!  I LOVE this story A LOT!!!  I LOVE the example that they set for us to be exactly obedient!!!

In Alma 57:21 we read:

“Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them;”

I LOVE this story SO much!!!  Their example of obedience and faith to us that they had learned by example of their mothers!!!  Hermana Throolin and I were able to share this story with a family who struggles in coming to church.  We shared with them that these young men had examples where they learned to be faithful and keep the commandments!!!  The parents have 4 very young children and want to be an example to their children.  We invited them to be the example of faith and obedience to their children and to come to church so that their children can see their examples and the testimonies that their parents have.  It was an INCREDIBLE lesson that we had.  And the parents took the invitation and the whole family was in church yesterday!!!   It was an INCREDIBLE experience where I knew that Hermana Throolin and I were guided by the spirit to help this family!!! 

I LOVE this gospel and I KNOW that it is true!!!  I KNOW that our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ live and love us so much!!!  I know that they know us individually and our needs.  I LOVE and miss you all lots and lots and lots and lots!!!

Con mucho amor,


Hermana Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment