Hermana Kent

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Keep the Commandments of God

Well this week was such a great week!!!  We were extremely blessed on Wednesday.  In the morning we had a meeting with President Robertson, one of his counselors who have recently been called to be a mission president as well as an area 70 who was recently called to be a mission president.  It was an experience!!!   We were able to listen to the words of modern day prophets on missionary work!!!  We were able to hear from Elder Andersen, Elder Bednar, and Elder Oaks!!!  It was so neat.  Each talked about different aspects of missionary work.  I felt the spirit SO strong!!!  I have SO much to work on and to improve in these last two months of my mission!!! I am trying my hardest.

Also yesterday in Relief Society the lesson was on the talk from President Monson about keeping the commandments.  It was such a great lesson!!!  I have really come to understand in my mission the importance about keeping the commandments.  When we keep the commandments we are allowing Heavenly Father to bless us.  We have to do our part before he can bless us and when he is able to bless us we can feel his love which helps us have peace and happiness in life because we are doing what Heavenly Father asks us to do.  

I love the scripture Mosiah 2:41

 ¨And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.¨

I LOVE this scripture and I know that it is true!!! 

I LOVE my companion and I LOVE my area!!! We found a lady this week named Yamila!!! She is not married but they have plans to get married. She and her husband have 3 kids the oldest is 11!!! She seems so great and we are going tonight to meet her husband!!! They seem really receptive and we are praying a lot for them. We are also praying a lot that we can continue to find people.

I was teaching a couple in Caseros a year ago. They will be going through the temple about the week I leave. I found out on Wednesday that they moved to Linears. They have invited me so many times and I really want to be a part of it!!! I’ve asked President Robertson for permission.  We’ll see if it works out.

I know that this church is the church of Jesus Christ who stands at the head and was restored by the prophet Joseph Smith.  I know that our prophet Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today!!!  I know that our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ live and love us SO much!!!  I LOVE and miss you all lots and lots and lots and lots!!!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment